Sunday, July 11, 2010

I am. What are you?

I am a child who slipped through the cracks when I desperately needed to be saved.

I am a headstrong teenager that moved to a different state, all alone, to make it on my own.

I am a performer.

I am a friend.

I am a therapist.

I am a mother.

I am a domestic violence victim that fought back as an adult.

I am divorced and re-married.

I am the protector of my siblings and my children.

I am the oldest child.

I am a young, pierced, hair coloring, loud mouthed, woman.

I am not afraid.

I am not intimidated.

I am a mess (sometimes)

I am tired.

I am silly.

I am an advocate.

I am not afraid to ask for help.

I am unstable at times.

I am willing to admit when I'm wrong.

I am forgiving.

I am (sometimes too) trusting

I am not a push-over.

I am able to see behind people's "masks"

I am in love.

I am the haircutting, "dont hit your brother"-ing, let me kiss your boo-boo-ing, cartoon watching, fingernail clipping, potty training, sword fighting with plastic baseball bats, wife and mommy.

I am NOT a mother to mess with when it comes to people not treating my kids right.

I am a lioness with my cubs.

I am faithful in the Lord my God.

I am a baby Christian.

I am strong in my faith.

I am indecisive AND a decision maker.

I am a recovering drug addict.

I am NOT my mother's child.

I am hopeful.

I am forgiven.

I am a competitive dancer (or used to be)

I am a teacher.

I am a best friend, sister, wife, daughter, grand-daughter, stranger, niece, auntie, cousin, companion, and partner in crime.

I am no longer broken inside.

I am not beaten.

I AM triumphant.

I am NOT a victim.

I AM A SURVIVOR.

No comments:

Post a Comment